Making Pumpkin Spice Latte at home is so easy! This healthy version is vegan, made with pumpkin puree, almond milk, coffee, and pumpkin spices. It is ready to be enjoyed in just 5 minutes!
HOMEMADE HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE:
Make this favorite fall drink at your home with 6 simple ingredients in just a few minutes! This PSL is spicy, healthy, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. And it’s so much cheaper than buying it at a coffee shop.
THIS PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE IS:
- naturally sweetened
- easy to make
- made with pumpkin puree
- loaded with autumn spiced flavors
- fall coffee recipe
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE AT HOME:
You need the following ingredients to make this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Unsweetened almond milk – Almond milk adds a nice nutty flavor, but any plant-based milk works for this recipe.
- Pumpkin puree – I’m using homemade pumpkin puree. You can substitute for canned pumpkin. Read how I make my homemade pumpkin puree below.
- Maple syrup – A dash of maple syrup is perfect in pumpkin spice latte. Use any syrup of choice. Stevia also works well.
- Pumpkin spice mix – It wouldn’t be a pumpkin spice latte without the fall spice flavors. Read below how I make my homemade pumpkin spice mix.
- Ground cinnamon – For more cinnamon flavor. You can skip this if you like.
- Brewed Coffee – Use 60 ml (=1/4 cup) of your favorite brewed coffee. You can also use one shot of espresso and add more milk.
Equipment you need:
- Frothing jug/milk jug (or any mug instead)
- Mini electric whisk
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE MIX:
Making homemade pumpkin spice is easy. You’ll need to combine the following ingredients:
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cloves
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PUREE:
Homemade pumpkin puree is usually made either by roasting the pumpkin or boiling it or steaming it and then blend into a puree. Roasting the pumpkin will add better flavor to the puree. But I often choose to cook the pumpkin in water. It’s up to you how you make it.
How to make pumpkin puree:
Cut the top of the pumpkin (I use orange Hokkaido pumpkin/red kuri squash) and then carefully halve the pumpkin. Hallow out all the seeds using a spoon. Take off the skin by using a sharp knife. Slice the pumpkin, cut into large cubes.
Put the pumpkin into a pot, cover with water, bring to boil, and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes until soft, depending on how big cubes you cut.
Drain the water (you can keep it for some recipes), and let the pumpkin cool down for at least 5 minutes.
Then add the pumpkin to the blender and blend until smooth (use blender tamper to push down the pumpkin to make it easier to blend). If the consistency is too thick, add some boiled water or water from the cooked pumpkin.
Store the pumpkin puree in a mason jar or container with a lid in the fridge after it cools down. It will last for about 5 days.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE:
You will find the instructions and ingredients list in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Making this Pumpkin Spice Latte is super easy:
To frothing jug, add warm unsweetened almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice mix, and ground cinnamon. Whisk everything until combined using mini electric whisk *. It should create foam on the top.
To a mug, pour your favorite brewed coffee. Then add the pumpkin milk mix.
Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice mix. Or top with vegan whipped cream!
Stir and enjoy!
*if you don’t have a mini whisk, you can add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until combined
WHAT TYPE OF PLANT MILK IS BEST FOR HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE?
Any plant-based milk works for this recipe, so it’s your choice based on what you like the most. I usually use almond milk because it adds a nutty flavor to it, which I like, or soy milk, which has a neutral taste (at least to me). Coconut milk will make the latte creamier but won’t be the best option if you want to make the milk foam. For creating the best milk foam, I recommend using barista plant-based milk (usually oat, almond, and soy-based).
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
If you try this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below. Or share your photo on Instagram and tag @plantifulbakery.
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE RECIPE (VEGAN + EASY)
- 150 ml unsweetened almond milk, warm (= approx. 2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree (=16 g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (=15 ml)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (=60 ml) or a shot of espresso
- To frothing jug, add warm unsweetened almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice mix, and ground cinnamon. Whisk everything until combined using mini electric whisk *, it should create foam on the top.
- To a mug, pour your favorite brewed coffee. Then add the pumpkin milk mix.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice mix.
- Stir and enjoy!