Homemade Maple Pecan Granola is an easy recipe perfect as a quick breakfast or snack. It’s crunchy, sweet, healthy, and vegan. Made with a mix of oats, puffed buckwheat, pecans, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, and cinnamon. Plus it’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
THIS MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA IS:
- gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats)
- naturally sweetened with maple syrup
- spiced with cinnamon
- made with 9 ingredients in 20 minutes
- done in one bowl
- perfect for a quick breakfast or snack
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HOMEMADE VEGAN MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA:
You need the following ingredients to make this Maple Pecan Granola (the exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Rolled oats – Also known as Fashion Old Oats. To make granola gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- Puffed buckwheat or rice
- Pecans – Use whole or chopped pecans. You can use any nuts of your choice, such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
- Shredded coconut – Use organic unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Flaxseed meal – Great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. You can also use whole flax seeds or substitute for hemp seeds or sesame seeds.
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt – balance the sweetness.
- Maple syrup – helps to stick the granola together. What I like to do is, instead of using only maple syrup, I use 5 tbsp of maple syrup and 2 tbsp of molasses. It is stickier and therefore helps to make bigger chunks of granola.
- Coconut oil – Use deodorized coconut oil if you don’t want the granola to have a coconut flavor.
Equipment you need:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA:
You will find the instructions and ingredients list in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Making this Maple Pecan Granola is super easy and comes with only 3 following steps:
1. Step: Preheat the oven and prepare the baking tray
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Step: Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients
In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, puffed buckwheat or rice, pecans, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt. Then add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Mix well until oats are completely coated in syrup and oil. You can use your hands to make it easier to combine.
3. Step: Bake the granola in the oven
Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake until golden brown (usually about 15 minutes, but all ovens vary). While baking, stir it from time to time to help it brown evenly. Be careful not to burn it.
Let the granola cool completely on the baking tray.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW TO SERVE MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA:
5 ways to enjoy homemade granola:
- with plant-based milk
- with vegan yogurt
- on top of porridge, smoothie, fruit salad
- mix into muffin or cake batter
- on its own as a snack
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE GRANOLA?
First, make sure the granola is completely cool. Then place the granola in an airtight container and store it at room temperature.
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA LAST?
Homemade granola can be stored for up to 1 month in an airtight container at room temperature.
CAN YOU FREEZE HOMEMADE GRANOLA?
Yes, homemade granola can be frozen. Once the granola is cooled, pack it in an airtight container and place it into a freezer. It will last for about 3 months.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING:
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Healthy Coffee Bliss Balls
- Pecan Pie Bars With Maple Syrup
- Creamy Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Cinnamon French Toast
- Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
- The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
If you try this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below. Or share your photo on Instagram and tag @plantifulbakery.
HOMEMADE MAPLE PECAN GRANOLA
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (15g) puffed buckwheat or rice
- ¾ cup (80g) pecans, whole or chopped
- ¼ cup (18g) shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp (10g) flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 7 tbsp (100g) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (42g) coconut oil, melted*
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, puffed buckwheat or rice, pecans, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt. Then add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Mix well until oats are completely coated in syrup and oil.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake until golden brown (usually about 15 minutes). While baking, stir it from time to time to help it brown evenly. Be careful not to burn it.
- Let the granola cool completely on the baking tray.
Serving: ¼ cup (27g) / Calories: 130kcal / Total Fat: 8,8g / Saturated Fat: 3,7g / Cholesterol: 0mg / Sodium: 14mg / Total Carbohydrate: 12g / Fiber: 1,9g / Sugar: 4,8g / Protein: 2g / Iron: 1mg / Potassium: 80,3mg